Jamaican Family Search Genealogy Research Library
Spanish Town, Jamaica, still retains a fine collection of 18th century buildings.
The Assembly House on the eastern side of the square was built between 1755 and 1762, the finishing touches having taken several years. It is now used by the St. Catherine Parish Council.
On the west, King's House, the Governor's Official residence until 1872, was built in 1765.
On the north, the Rodney Memorial and the buildings on either side were built to commemorate Rodney's victory over the French in a battle in 1782.
Unfortunately the Court House, which was built on the south side in 1818 was recently gutted by fire and has not been restored.
SEARCH THIS SITE
Plan of this website
Help - Frequently Asked Questions
Jamaica Almanacs Slave-owners, Civil & Military officers, Magistrates etc.
Items in the Samples Directory
Items in the Members Directory
Transcriptions from Registers and Wills (Church of England, Dissenters, Civil Registration)
Jamaican Roman Catholic Church Registers - transcriptions
Jamaican Methodist Baptisms - transcriptions
Jewish births marriages deaths - transcriptions
Slaves and slavery in Jamaica
Photographs, maps, prints, etc.