Jamaican Family Search Genealogy Research Library
Generation No. 1
1. ?1 Helwig
Children of ? Helwig are:
+ 2 i. Christopher2 Helwig, born Bet. 1818 - 1819 in Hessen, Germany; died Jan 11, 1867.
+ 3 ii. Frederick Helwig.
Generation No. 2
2. Christopher2 Helwig (?1) was born Bet. 1818 - 1819 in Hessen, Germany, and died Jan 11, 18671. He married Mary Louise Lannaman. She was born Bet. 1827 - 1830, and died May 03, 1924 in Alva, St. Ann2.
Notes for Christopher Helwig:
According to a mural tablet in St. Mark's Church, Brown's Town, erected by his son, he died in his 48th year.
More About Christopher Helwig:
Occupation: 1850, Gunsmith
Occupation (2): 1857, Mechanic
Occupation (3): 1861, Whitesmith
Residence: Hessen, Germany3
Residence (2): Bet. 1850 - 1861, Brown's Town, St. Ann
More About Mary Louise Lannaman:
Cause of Death: Old age
Registration: by son William Helwig, present at death
Children of Christopher Helwig and Mary Lannaman are:
+ 4 i. Henry3 Helwig, born Bet. 1845 - 1851.
+ 5 ii. George Adam Helwig, born Bet. 1849 - 1857.
+ 6 iii. Charlotte Elizabeth Helwig, born Apr 05, 1850.
+ 7 iv. Harriett Julia Helwig, born Bet. 1851 - 1865.
8 v. Frederick Helwig, born Feb 24, 18574; died Sep 29, 18785.
Notes for Frederick Helwig:
According to a mural tablet, erected by his brother in the Brown's Town church, he died in his 21st year.
More About Frederick Helwig:
Baptism: Apr 29, 1857, Brown's Town, St. Ann6
+ 9 vi. Charles Louis Helwig, born May 11, 1861; died Bef. 1946.
10 vii. William Helwig.
More About William Helwig:
Residence: 1924, Alva, St. Ann
3. Frederick2 Helwig (?1)
Child of Frederick Helwig is:
+ 11 i. John Frederick3 Helwig, died 1922.
Generation No. 3
4. Henry3 Helwig (Christopher2, ?1) was born Bet. 1845 - 1851. He married Fredericka Haltaufderhide7. She was born Bet. 1846 - 1851, and died Aft. 1912.
More About Henry Helwig:
Occupation: 1871, Locksmith, gunsmith
Residence: 1871, Brown's Town, St. Ann
Residence (2): 1871, Loden Hill
Notes for Fredericka Haltaufderhide:
Her surname in the register is difficult to read, and may have been written as Haultauterhyde.
Children of Henry Helwig and Fredericka Haltaufderhide are:
+ 12 i. Alice4 Helwig.
13 ii. Miriam Helwig7.
+ 14 iii. Edwin William Helwig, born Apr 09, 1871 in Loden Hill; died Jan 16, 1964.
+ 15 iv. Caleb James Helwig, born Apr 18, 1875 in Brown's Town, St. Ann; died Bet. 1912 - 1919.
+ 16 v. Floreisa Louise Helwig, born 1882 in St. Ann.
17 vi. Wilhelmina A. Helwig, born 1884 in St. Ann8.
18 vii. Philip Christopher Helwig, born 1886 in St. Ann9.
19 viii. Revd. Sydney A. Helwig, born Aug 08, 1888 in St. Ann10.
More About Revd. Sydney A. Helwig:
Education: 1908, Graduated from Calabar College11
Occupation: Minister of Religion12
Occupation (2): 1920, General committee of the Baptist Church
Residence: 1912, St. James
5. George Adam3 Helwig (Christopher2, ?1) was born Bet. 1849 - 1857. He married Ella Cover. She was born Bet. 1854 - 1861.
More About George Adam Helwig:
Occupation: 1878, Blacksmith
Occupation (2): 1891, Shop and livery stable keeper
Occupation (3): 1894, Shopkeeper
Residence: 1878, Brown's Town, St. Ann
Residence (3): Bet. 1891 - 1894, Claremont, St. Ann
Residence (2): 1880, Knapdale, St. Ann
Children of George Helwig and Ella Cover are:
+ 20 i. Ella Josephine4 Helwig, born May 09, 1877 in Brown's Town, St. Ann.
21 ii. Sarah L. Helwig, born May 09, 1878 in Brown's Town, St. Ann13.
22 iii. [Female] Helwig, born Feb 20, 1880 in Knapdale, St. Ann14.
23 iv. George C. Helwig, born 1884 in St. Ann15.
24 v. [Female] Helwig, born 1886 in St. Ann16.
+ 25 vi. Katherine Willimina Helwig, born 1887 in St. Ann.
26 vii. Frank Adams Helwig, born 1890 in St. Ann17.
27 viii. Frederick John Helwig, born 1890 in St. Ann18.
Notes for Frederick John Helwig:
Frederick and John were twins.
28 ix. [Female] Helwig, born 1891 in St. Ann19.
29 x. [Male] Helwig, born Apr 11, 1894.
More About [Male] Helwig:
Registration: Apr 28, 1894, By father in Claremont
30 xi. Charles Sydney Helwig, born Dec 28, 1897 in Claremont, St. Ann20.
More About Charles Sydney Helwig:
Occupation: Produce dealer
6. Charlotte Elizabeth3 Helwig (Christopher2, ?1) was born Apr 05, 1850. She married James Christopher Lyon Nov 24, 1874 in Dry Harbour District, St. Ann21. He was born Bet. 1837 - 1854.
Notes for Charlotte Elizabeth Helwig:
Her name at baptism was recorded as Elizabeth. On her marriage record it was Charlotte Elizabeth. The assumption is being made that it was the same person. Her name may have been Elizabeth Charlotte at baptism, no middle name was recorded, and her given names were later switched.
More About Charlotte Elizabeth Helwig:
Baptism: Apr 28, 1850, St. Ann22
Residence: 1874, Alva, St. Ann
More About James Christopher Lyon:
Occupation (2): Bookkeeper
Residence: Bet. 1874 - 1880, Cave Valley, St. Ann
Residence (2): 1882, Smithfield, St. Ann
Marriage Notes for Charlotte Helwig and James Lyon:
The bride was a spinster.
The witnesses were Isaac Lyon and H.I. Helwig.
More About James Lyon and Charlotte Helwig:
Marriage: Nov 24, 1874, Dry Harbour District, St. Ann23
Children of Charlotte Helwig and James Lyon are:
31 i. Frederick Leopold4 Lyon, born Mar 18, 1880 in Alva, St. Ann24.
More About Frederick Leopold Lyon:
Residence: Cave Valley, St. Ann
32 ii. Mary Eloise Lyon, born Apr 03, 1882 in Smithfield, St. Ann25.
33 iii. Charles Richard Lyon, born 1889 in St. Ann26.
34 iv. Samuel Lyon.
7. Harriett Julia3 Helwig (Christopher2, ?1) was born Bet. 1851 - 1865. She married John George Holle. He was born Bet. 1848 - 1861.
Notes for John George Holle:
His surname is spelled Hollee on the birth registration of his son Charles.
More About John George Holle:
Children of Harriett Helwig and John Holle are:
35 i. Charles4 Holle, born May 14, 1882 in Brown's Town, St. Ann27.
36 ii. Reginald Christopher Holle, born 1885 in St. Ann28.
37 iii. Herbert Adam Holle, born 1887 in St. Ann29.
38 iv. Arthur Leopold Holle, born 1890 in St. Ann30.
39 v. Gertrude Marion Holle, born 1892 in St. Ann31.
40 vi. Iris L. Holle, born 1893 in St. Ann32.
41 vii. Victor Holle.
9. Charles Louis3 Helwig (Christopher2, ?1) was born May 11, 186133, and died May 1949. He married (1) Rosetta Louise Evans. She was born Bet. 1881-1882, and died in 1911. He married (2) Rita Elida Geddes.
More About Charles Louis Helwig:
Baptism: Nov 02, 1861, St. Ann33
Occupation (2): Justice of the Peace
Residence: 1861, Brown's Town, St. Ann
Children of Charles Helwig and Rosetta Evans are:
42 i. Carl Everett4 Helwig, born 1903 in St. Ann. 66
+ 43 ii. Dr Gerald Vincent Helwig, born Aug 27, 1904 in Black River, St. Elizabeth; died May 07, 1993 in Canada.
44 iii. Noel Helwig. He married Ivy Geddes.
45 iv. Muriel Amy Helwig, born 1906 in St. Ann. 70
46 v. Ena N. Helwig, born 1908 in St. Ann.71
47 vi. Evans Helwig.
Children of Charles Helwig and Rita Geddes are:
48 i. Donovan4 Helwig.
49 ii. Keith Helwig.
50 iii. Dorothea Elaine Helwig, born 1918 in St. Ann. 73
51 iv. Hillary Helwig.
52 v. Gwendolyn Helwig.
53 vi. Rosemary Helwig.
54 vii. Derrick Helwig.
11. John Frederick3 Helwig (Frederick2, ?1) died 1922. He married Rebecca McNearn (Helwig). She died Aft. 1922.
Notes for John Frederick Helwig:
WILL: of JOHN FREDERICK HELWIG of Ulster Spring, Trelawny.
I appoint my wife REBECCA McNEARN HELWIG as executor.
I bequeath to my wife REBECCA McNEARN and my daughters LEILA VERLEIGH and INEZ MERLE my house and lands at Ulster Spring, one acre more or less, as tenants in common.
I also bequeath to them one acre of land at Freeman's Hall as tenants in common.
I give to them in equal portions the sum of £13 being the balance of the purchase money due on 2 acres of land sold to Mr. JOSEPH G. PILE at Freeman's Hall.
I give the remainder of my estate to them in equal portions.
Signed and Dated April 28, 1922.
Witnesses: GEORGE W. MILLER, Ulster Spring, Schoolmaster and SAMUEL E. SPENCE of Ulster Spring, Saddler.
Witnesses attested by R. F. GREGG, J.P., Trelawny, 11/21/1922
More About John Frederick Helwig:
Probate: Dec 15, 1922, Will Lodged in Records Office
Will: Apr 28, 1922, Will Book XVIII, folio 33635
Children of John Helwig and Rebecca (Helwig) are:
+ 55 i. Inez Merle4 Helwig.
56 ii. Leila Verleigh Helwig. She married Donald Sigismund Barham; born Jan 04, 190236.
More About Donald Sigismund Barham:
Occupation: Manufacturer's Agent
Generation No. 4
12. Alice4 Helwig (Henry3, Christopher2, ?1) She married Elmos Joseph Whittingham37.
Child of Alice Helwig and Elmos Whittingham is:
57 i. Beryl Hargreaves5 Whittingham. She married Vernon Randolph Parkinson Jan 06, 1932.
More About Vernon Parkinson and Beryl Whittingham:
Marriage: Jan 06, 1932
14. Edwin William4 Helwig (Henry3, Christopher2, ?1) was born Apr 09, 1871 in Loden Hill, and died Jan 16, 196438. He married Alice Maud Brown.
Notes for Edwin William Helwig:
The 1936 Handbook lists an E. Helwig as owner of Hyde Park in St. Ann, with 1,100 acres and 250 cattle.
More About Edwin William Helwig:
Baptism: Jun 11, 1871, St. Ann, by George Hall, minister39
Occupation (2): Justice of the Peace
Residence: Bet. 1909 - 1912, Alexandria, St. Ann
Children of Edwin Helwig and Alice Brown are:
58 i. Linda Evelyn5 Helwig, born 1903 in St. Ann41. She married Vernon Magnus; born 1893; died Apr 1960.
More About Vernon Magnus:
Burial: Apr 14, 1960, St. Andrew's Parish Church, Half Way Tree42
Occupation: Traveling Representative
59 ii. Aubrey Helwig, born 1905 in St. Ann43.
60 iii. Stanley Claude Helwig, born Nov 04, 1909 in Alexandria, St. Ann44,45. He married Sylvia (Peggy) Scotland46.
Notes for Stanley Claude Helwig:
His first name on the birth registration was Claude.
More About Stanley Claude Helwig:
Occupation (2): Justice of the Peace
15. Caleb James4 Helwig (Henry3, Christopher2, ?1) was born Apr 18, 1875 in Brown's Town, St. Ann, and died Bet. 1912 - 1919. He married (1) Hilda Agatha Moses47.
Notes for Caleb James Helwig:
WILL: of CALEB JAMES HELWIG of Christiana, Manchester, merchant.
I appoint my brother the Reverend SYDNEY HELWIG of St. James and my brother EDWIN HELWIG of Alexandria, St. Ann and my wife HILDA AGATHA HELWIG executors, trustees and guardians.
I give to my sister Mrs. W. E. GRANT the sum of £50.
[The following bequests were crossed, and notes made in the margin:
to my mother FREDERICA HELWIG £50. (note: alive)
to my sister MIRIAM £50. (note: alive)
to my sister WILHEL £50 (note: dead)]
I give all moneys arising from my Life Insurance policies to my natural children ALFORD GEORGE HELWIG and EDITH MAUD HELWIG.
I direct my executors to sell my shop business in Christiana or elsewhere and I give the proceeds and all the remainder of my estate to the trustees in trust to manage and invest and to give the income to my wife HILDA during her life or until she remarries and she is to maintain my children under the age of 21 or unmarried daughters. My wife during the same period is to have the right of residence in my chief dwelling house with the use of all the furniture, buggies, horses, and domestic things therein. After her death or remarriage the income is to be divided among my children [stipulations on predecease etc.]
Signed and Dated October 9, 1912.
Witnesses: C. GLASWILL [?], Christiana, storekeeper; R. FASWICKE [?], surveyor.
More About Caleb James Helwig:
Occupation: 1912, Merchant47
Probate: Apr 25, 1919, Lodged at Records Office
Residence: 1912, Christiana, Manchester
Will: Oct 09, 1912, Will Book XVI, folio 9648
Children of Caleb Helwig and Hilda Moses are:
61 i. Lewis5 Helwig, born 1909 in St. Ann49.
62 ii. Caleb Vivian Helwig, born Jan 12, 1911 in Alexandria, St. Ann50. He married Jessie Baker Nov 02, 1930.
More About Caleb Helwig and Jessie Baker:
Marriage: Nov 02, 1930
63 iii. Nessa Claire Helwig, born Sep 10, 1915 in Coleyville, Manchester50.
More About Nessa Claire Helwig:
Children of Caleb James Helwig are:
64 i. Alford George5 Helwig51.
65 ii. Edith Maud Helwig51.
16. Floreisa Louise4 Helwig (Henry3, Christopher2, ?1) was born 1882 in St. Ann52. She married Waldemar Eccleston Grant53,54.
Notes for Floreisa Louise Helwig:
Her name was written as Floreisa on her birth registration, and as Florice in the Who's Who.
More About Waldemar Eccleston Grant:
Fact: His father was from Scotland.
Children of Floreisa Helwig and Waldemar Grant are:
66 i. Donald Eccleston5 Grant, born May 02, 1909 in Aboukir, Cave Valley, St. Ann55,56. He married Monica May Prendergast Jan 02, 194357.
More About Donald Eccleston Grant:
More About Donald Grant and Monica Prendergast:
Marriage: Jan 02, 194357
67 ii. Phyllis Merle Grant, born Oct 01, 191558. She married George Brodber.
68 iii. Dorothy Louise Grant, born 1918 in St. Ann59. She married Douglas Lloyd Burke.
20. Ella Josephine4 Helwig (George Adam3, Christopher2, ?1) was born May 09, 1877 in Brown's Town, St. Ann60. She married Robert Arthur Litherland. He died 1926.
More About Ella Josephine Helwig:
Baptism: Jun 30, 1878, St. Ann60
Notes for Robert Arthur Litherland:
WILL OF ROBERT LITHERLAND
I Robert Litherland of Grosvenor, Portland:
1. Revoke all former wills and testaments.
2. Appoint Alexander Richard Boor and Leopold Musgrave Corbett executors of this my will.
3. Direct that £300 be placed in a Bank for the credit of my daughter Mavis Kathleen Litherland for her education at the Roman Catholic Convent, Duke Street, Kingston, to be drawn by the signatures of Mother Superior (or her appointee) and any one of the above executors.
4. Bequeath to my wife Josephine Litherland (she being, to me, for years a wife in name only) £5.
5. Bequeath £30 each to my two sons Arthur and Robert Litherland.
6. I devise my property "Grosvenor" in the Parish of Portland, dwelling house, furniture, live and dead stock, etc. to my 3 children Arthur, Robert and Mavis Litherland, the said property to be managed by my executors to their advantage (either by sale, lease or rent) until my youngest child has reached the age of 21 years.
7. After my behests and just debts have been paid I devise that the remainder of my money as drawn from my insurances be equally divided between my 3 children Arthur, Robert and Mavis and that the money be put in a Bank and used with the consent of either of my executors.
Signed May 28, 1926
Witnesses: Allan Nairn and Mabel A. Isaacs
Witnesses sworn on December 10, 1926, and executor sworn on December 11, 1926.
More About Robert Arthur Litherland:
Will: May 28, 1926
Will Recorded: Feb 03, 1927, Lib. XI, folio 480
Children of Ella Helwig and Robert Litherland are:
69 i. Arthur5 Litherland, born Aft. 1905.
70 ii. Robert Alexander Litherland, born Jun 15, 1912 in Port Antonio, Portland61; died Jul 1955. He married (1) Etta Violet Joseph Jan 06, 193761. He married (2) Violet Elaine Pigou 1947.
More About Robert Alexander Litherland:
Burial: Jul 1955, St. Andrew's Parish Church, Half Way Tree62
71 iii. Mavis Litherland.
25. Katherine Willimina4 Helwig (George Adam3, Christopher2, ?1) was born 1887 in St. Ann64. She married Granville V. Brandon.
Notes for Katherine Willimina Helwig:
Her birth registration read Katherine Willimina [the usual spelling was Wilhelmina].
Child of Katherine Helwig and Granville Brandon is:
72 i. Horace Helwig5 Brandon, born Apr 14, 192165. He married Kathleen Gordon Aug 1947.
More About Horace Helwig Brandon:
Occupation: Commissioned Land Surveyor
More About Horace Brandon and Kathleen Gordon:
Marriage: Aug 1947
43. Dr Gerald Vincent4 Helwig (Charles Louis3, Christopher2, ?1) was born Aug 27, 1904 in Black River, St. Elizabeth67, and died May 07, 1993 in Canada68. He married Mona Clara Mitchell Jan 27, 193869.
Notes for Dr Gerald Vincent Helwig:
The following item is from "Who's Who Jamaica" 1941-1946:
"HELWIG, Dr. Gerald Vincent, Ph.D. (1931), B.Sc. (Hons). 1928; Physicist and Educator. Chief Inspector of Secondary Schools, Dept. of Education, since April 1943; Born Black River, Aug. 27 1904, son Charles Louis Helwig JP, merchant, and late Rose Evans, his wife. Educated Jamaica college (60pd scholarship 1923); McGill University, (Gold Medalist 1928); Physic Research, Manchester University, Eng.; Ontario College of Education; Demonstrator In Physics, McGill Univ. Mining and Engineering Research, McIntyre Porcupine Gold Mines, Canada; returned to colony 1938; served as Secretary Jamaica Schools Commission. Married Jan. 27, 1938, Mona Clara Mitchell, B.A.; has one son and two daughters: Recreations: Swimming, Golf and Carpentry. Addresses: Education Office, East Street, Kingston, and 1 Seaview Cottage, Hermitage Road, Stony Hill, P.O. St. Andrew."
More About Dr Gerald Vincent Helwig:
Cause of Death: Lymphoma
Fact: Earned Ph.D. 1931, B.Sc. 1928.
Occupation: Physicist and educator
Occupation (2): School inspector
More About Gerald Helwig and Mona Mitchell:
Marriage: Jan 27, 193869
55. Inez Merle4 Helwig (John Frederick3, Frederick2, ?1) She married Gerald McCaulay Dec 15, 192577, son of John McCaulay and May Evans. He was born Mar 16, 1902 in Trelawny77.
Notes for Gerald McCaulay:
The following item appears in the "Who's Who Jamaica" 1941-1946:
"McCAULAY, Gerald, J.P., Transport Contractor, operating Royal MaiI Service since 1925; sole proprietor Bolton's Motor Service; member, Executive Council, Ja. Boys Scouts Assn. since 1945; Born Trelawny, March 16, 1902, son late Rev. John McCaulay and May nee Evans; Educated Munro College; Civil Servant 1919-24; Capt. Commanding St. Andrew Company; Jamaica Home Guard 1943-45; Religion: Anglican; Married Dec. 15, 1925, Inez Merle, daughter late John Helwig, merchant; has one son; Clubs: Liguenea, Jamaica, St. Andrew & Kingston Polo; Recreations:Horseback riding; Motor-cycling, Tennis; Addresses: 34 Duke Street, Kingston, "Kuling,"13 Constant Spring Road, Half-way Tree P.O., St. Andrew."
More About Gerald McCaulay and Inez Helwig:
Marriage: Dec 15, 192577
Child of Inez Helwig and Gerald McCaulay is:
94 i. Gerald Helwig (Peter)5 McCaulay, born Oct 17, 192678. He married Elizabeth Gloria Braham Harris Apr 01, 1950.
1. Wright, Philip, B124 "Monumental Inscriptions of Jamaica", p. 269 #2746.
2. BC4249 St. Ann Deaths 1924-1925.
3. Wright, Philip, B124 "Monumental Inscriptions of Jamaica", p. 269 #2746.
4. B0035 Jamaica Parish Register New Series Baptisms IX, p. 422 #125.
5. Wright, Philip, B124 "Monumental Inscriptions of Jamaica", (1966), p. 269 #2746.
6. B0035 Jamaica Parish Register New Series Baptisms IX, p. 422 #125.
7. B0072 Jamaica Supreme Court Wills 1889, 1914-1923, 1925.
8. BC0001 St. Ann registration of births, 1884, GM13.
9. BC0001 St. Ann registration of births, GM148.
10. BC0001 St. Ann registration of births, 1888, GM497.
11. B126 "The Daily Gleaner", Calabar report.
12. B0072 Jamaica Supreme Court Wills 1889, 1914-1923, 1925.
13. BC1320 St. Ann Register of Births 1878-1881, GB26.
14. BC1320 St. Ann Register of Births 1878-1881, GB542, p. 108.
15. BC0001 St. Ann registration of births, GL58.
16. BC0001 St. Ann registration of births, GK54.
17. BC0001 St. Ann registration of births, GB1363.
18. BC0001 St. Ann registration of births, GB1364.
19. BC0001 St. Ann registration of births, GL686.
20. B101 "Who's Who in Jamaica" 1941-1946.
21. B0010 Jamaica Law 6 Register Marriages II & III, 1871-1878, II, p. 223.
22. B0048 Jamaica Parish Register New Series II, 1847-1860, p. 241 #188.
23. B0010 Jamaica Law 6 Register Marriages II & III, 1871-1878, II, p. 223.
24. BC1320 St. Ann Register of Births 1878-1881, GE 781, p. 227.
25. BC1321 St. Ann Register of Births 1881-1884, GM 65.
26. BC0001 St. Ann registration of births, GF1030.
27. BC1323 St. Ann Register of Births 1882-1884, GB 176.
28. BC0001 St. Ann registration of births, GB12.
29. BC0001 St. Ann registration of births, GB504.
30. BC0001 St. Ann registration of births, GB1248.
31. BC0001 St. Ann registration of births, GB1931.
32. BC0001 St. Ann registration of births, GB2484.
33. B0031 Jamaica Parish Register Baptisms XIV, p. 196.
34. B101 "Who's Who in Jamaica" 1941-1946, p. 285.
35. B0072 Jamaica Supreme Court Wills 1889, 1914-1923, 1925, Item 10.
36. B101 "Who's Who in Jamaica" 1941-1946.
37. B0072 Jamaica Supreme Court Wills 1889, 1914-1923, 1925.
38. Neita, Clifton, ed., B123 "Who's Who in Jamaica" 1963, Obituaries.
39. B0014 Jamaica Law 6 Baptism I, 1870-1872, p. 109 #5.
40. B186 "Who's Who in Jamaica," 1960.
41. BC0001 St. Ann registration of births, GM3349.
42. B954 Information from Donald Lindo.
43. BC0001 St. Ann registration of births, GM3864.
44. B186 "Who's Who in Jamaica," 1960.
45. BC0001 St. Ann registration of births, GF6592.
46. B186 "Who's Who in Jamaica," 1960.
47. B0072 Jamaica Supreme Court Wills 1889, 1914-1923, 1925.
48. B0072 Jamaica Supreme Court Wills 1889, 1914-1923, 1925, Item 7.
49. BC0001 St. Ann registration of births, GB1696.
50. B101 "Who's Who in Jamaica" 1941-1946.
51. B0072 Jamaica Supreme Court Wills 1889, 1914-1923, 1925.
52. BC0001 St. Ann registration of births, GF192.
53. B101 "Who's Who in Jamaica" 1941-1946.
54. B0072 Jamaica Supreme Court Wills 1889, 1914-1923, 1925.
55. B101 "Who's Who in Jamaica" 1941-1946.
56. BC0001 St. Ann registration of births, GM4596.
57. B101 "Who's Who in Jamaica" 1941-1946.
58. BC0001 St. Ann registration of births, GM5782.
59. BC0001 St. Ann registration of births, GM6308.
60. B0020 Jamaica Law 6 Register VI, p. 257 #11.
61. B101 "Who's Who in Jamaica" 1941-1946.
62. B954 Information from Donald Lindo.
63. B101 "Who's Who in Jamaica" 1941-1946.
64. BC0001 St. Ann registration of births, GL179.
65. B186 "Who's Who in Jamaica," 1960.
66. BC0001 St. Ann registration of births, GF4687.
67. B101 "Who's Who in Jamaica" 1941-1946, p. 285.
68. B126 "The Daily Gleaner", May 12, 1993.
69. B101 "Who's Who in Jamaica" 1941-1946, p. 285.
70. BC0001 St. Ann registration of births, GF5540.
71. BC0001 St. Ann registration of births, GF6099.
73. BC0001 St. Ann registration of births, GF8818.
74. B187 "Directory of Caribbean Personalities," 1985.
76. B188 "Jamaica Directory of Personalities." 1985-1987.
77. B101 "Who's Who in Jamaica" 1941-1946, p. 435.
78. B165 "Who's Who Jamaica", 1969.
The following information was found in the Index to St. Ann Registration of Births:
1902 Charles Noel Helwig had a child named LHoutwille [? illegible] Helwig. Registration # GD4400.
1908 Ella Helwig had a daughter Edna A. Registration # GB7466
1912 William Helwig had a daughter Louise J. Helwig. Registration # GB9061
1916 William C. Helwig, and his wife nee DaSilva, had a daughter Gloria. Registration # GB314
1900 Isilda Haltaufderhide had a son Reginald. Registration # GP542
1909 Isilda Haltaufderhide had a son George. Registration # GP1463
SEARCH THIS SITE
Plan of this website
Help - Frequently Asked Questions
Jamaica Almanacs Slave-owners, Civil & Military officers, Magistrates etc.
Items in the Samples Directory
Items in the Members Directory
Transcriptions from Registers and Wills (Church of England, Dissenters, Civil Registration)
Jamaican Roman Catholic Church Registers - transcriptions
Jamaican Methodist Baptisms - transcriptions
Jewish births marriages deaths - transcriptions
Slaves and slavery in Jamaica
Photographs, maps, prints, etc.