Jamaican Family Search Genealogy Research Library
Lucea East River, 18th Century
1. W. Tharp, 60 acres surveyed Dec. 10th 1674. Patented January 8th 1674
2. Mr. Bean's
3. Barbican, 250 acres, part of Sir Henry Morgan's
4. George Dehany's Esq. 600 acres part of Sir Henry Morgan's
5. Georgia House
6. Georgia Works
7. Phil. Dehaney Esq.
8. Dundee Works
9. Dwelling House
10. Rd. Murr***'s, Part of Morgan's
11. Joseph Peters, surveyed 10th June 1674
12. Negro Houses
14. The dividing line between Beckford & Dehany.
[The Negro houses and the Works at the bottom of the map were on Windsor plantation, William Beckford's]
Sir Henry Morgan had owned some 4,000 acres of land here from the shoreline to the interior.
George Dehany Snr. died in the parish of St. John, in 1767, and left Georgia plantation in Hanover to his son, also George.
James Kerr was the owner of Dundee when he died in 1785. His wife was Ann Dehany, Philip's sister.
SEARCH THIS SITE
Plan of this website
Help - Frequently Asked Questions
Jamaica Almanacs Slave-owners, Civil & Military officers, Magistrates etc.
Items in the Samples Directory
Items in the Members Directory
Transcriptions from Registers and Wills (Church of England, Dissenters, Civil Registration)
Jamaican Roman Catholic Church Registers - transcriptions
Jamaican Methodist Baptisms - transcriptions
Jewish births marriages deaths - transcriptions
Slaves and slavery in Jamaica
Photographs, maps, prints, etc.